Hello, 2015! I can’t believe you’re here already.
2014 and I had a pretty good run. I was in Austria for half the year, in Croatia studying historic preservation, and started my AmeriCorps term in West Virginia. I made some new friends, and kept up with the old ones. There were definitely some sad moments in the year, but there were some great ones, too.
Let’s check out the great moments in 2014 from the blog-o-sphere. Reader, the top ten most viewed recipes of 2014!
10. Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – a favorite of mine, too! Chewy, New York style bagels flavored with cinnamon and studded with raisins!
8. Spanakopita – This Daring Kitchen challenge was a hit with both me and all you lovely readers! Who could resist flaky Greek spinach pie?
7. Chocolate-Orange Baumkuchen – another Daring Kitchen challenge that made a big impression! This traditional German cake takes a bit of extra effort, but is well worth it in the end.
6. Triple Ginger Cookies – soft and chewy cookies made with three different types of ginger make for a fantastic treat!
5. Cinnamon-Raisin Bread – this partially whole-wheat loaf featuring a pretty swirl of cinnamon and raisins is perfect for toasting!
4. Uli’s Briochezopf – while in Austria, I learned a little about traditional Austrian baked goods, including how to make this lemon and vanilla brioche braid.
3. Bagels – all you readers seem to like bagels as much as I do, because both of my bagel recipes made the Top 10! These ones can be made plain or with your favorite topping.
2. Canadian Fried Dough – another hit two years in a row! A unique whole-wheat doughnut coated in cinnamon sugar.
1. And number one for 2014 was Vegan Lebkuchen! European-style gingerbread cookies dipped in chocolate and decorated with almonds, made vegan.
Thanks for visiting, everyone, and Happy New Year!