A few weeks ago Haley of If You Give A Blonde A Kitchen nominated me for the Liebster Award. First of all, thanks Haley! Reader, you should go check out her blog if you’ve never been. She shares great photos and entertaining stories along with all her lovely recipes. I’m glad someone thinks my blog is award-worthy, even if it’s only in cyberspace and not, you know, a Newbery Medal.
I’ve seen the Liebster Award floating around the Internet and while the rules seem pretty simple, they also aren’t concrete enough for my inner perfectionist. As part of receiving the award, I have to in turn nominate some of my favorite bloggers. But there are no specific criteria. How do I decide who to nominate? So much pressure. However, I think the main idea is to give some kudos and show appreciation for fellow bloggers with smaller followings, so here goes!
- Anne of Books Baking Blogging
- Lauren of Tuppershare
- Kelsey of Roast Potatoes For.
- Erin of Erin Made This
- Anje of Kitchen Historic
The other part of the award involves asking and answering questions to get to know a little more about your fellow bloggers. Haley asked some great questions (plus one that I, um, strongly dislike).
- Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality? Back when Ace of Cakes was on I would have said the whole Ace of Cakes team (particularly Duff and Geoff) but now that it’s off the air and Duff’s new shows aren’t as entertaining, I’ve got to go with Alton Brown. Which you may know already from reading this blog. He knows all the things.
- If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why? I think this counts as reality TV…BBC and PBS do these shows where they send people “back in time” for a few months. Past shows have included Victorian House (first one I ever saw), Frontier House, Colonial House (for which my mom wanted to apply but didn’t sadface), Tudor Monastery Farm, etc…I would want to be on a show like that! Or The Great British Bake-Off.
- Who is your biggest blog supporter? (This can be a family member, friend, or fellow blogger). Hands down, my mom. She told me to start a food blog years before I actually did.
- If you could spend one day anywhere in the world, where would it be? I’m lucky enough to have done a lot of traveling but high on my list of places I want to visit, and also on my list of places I’m unlikely to visit anytime soon, is India.
- How many other people’s blog posts do you read on average, per day? On average probably about 5 or 10. I’ve never actually counted. Now I’m curious.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? THANKSGIVING! So much food, so much family. Sure, the holiday may have some less-than-savory origins, but the intention is right. Plus, what’s not to love about 20+ people crowding into my grandparent’s kitchen?
- Who is your hero? This question. I never have an answer for it.
- One food ingredient you can’t live without? Vanilla extract. And mine is all gone. I don’t know what I’m going to do.
- How did you choose the name for your blog? I thought about it for a few days. I’m still not convinced that it’s the perfect name, but it’s the best that I could come up with at the time…
- Cats or dogs? Cats. Though at home my family has both a cat and a dog. The cat is named Peter Quince. You get brownie points if you can tell me where that name comes from without using Google. If you want real brownies and not just the points, you have to make your own, though.
And now, my questions! Like many people do, I’m stealing some of Haley’s questions…and since I mostly follow food blogs, lots of these are food related!
- If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why?
- Best vacation you ever took?
- Favorite and/or most influential book you ever read?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- Favorite social media platform? Why?
- What food are you craving right now?
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- Earliest memory in the kitchen?
- One food ingredient you can’t live without?
- Biggest kitchen disaster?
Looking forward to reading all your answers, and have a wonderful Sunday!